I was a community college professor for many years, before I found my true passion for helping people communicate better. Now, I am a certified conflict management coach, mediator, a communication and forgiveness coach, and trainer. I have my own Sonoma County ( Santa Rosa) based business, Conflict Remedy.
I specialize in helping organizations transform communication and resolving conflict, and in helping everyone let go of resentment and forgive themselves and others. I also work with parents and teens, couples, individuals and divorced parents to improve communication and resolve conflict in those areas as well. My services include one on one coaching, mediation for 2 or more individuals, and a number of classes, workshops, and trainings. For more about my approach, please read my article, Five Personal Principles about Healing Conflict. To learn more about communication/conflict coaching read my article, “Teaching People to Fish in the Sea of Conflict, the Benefits of Conflict Coaching“. I offer a free 30 minute conflict assessment to assess your conflict level and see what services might be right for youl
My workshops and classes include:
- Managing Workplace Conflict
- Hot Buttons: 5 Simple Steps to Cool Down Conflict.
- The Not So Merry Go Round of Conflict
- Forgiving Ourselves, Forgiving Others.
- Journey to the Heart of Communication.
- Teens, Brains, & Hot Buttons–A parent–teen communication workshop
- Communication Skills for Conflict Resolution
- Bullying: What Kids Need to Know and What We All Can Do
- Successful Conversations with Challenging People
- How to Have Effective Meetings.
- Planning and Leading Small Groups and Workshops
- The Benefits of Co-Parenting and How to Start
- Letting Go of Resentments for Divorced and Divorcing Parents.
- Communicating with Teens for Parents and Professionals
I am a certified conflict managment coach through CINERGY and the ICF, and also have a certificate in Conflict Resolution from SSU, an M.A. in teaching from SFSU and more than 80 hours of training from the Intercultural Communication Institute in Portland, Oregon.
Contact Lorraine through this blog (Contact tab above) or call her at (707) 236-8079 for more information or a free 30 minute telephone co-parenting conflict assessment.